Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Floating classroom

On friday our class and room 2 went to Urupukapuka island to learn about pests and our native birds. As we boarded the boat I was thinking about what we are about to learn on the boat and the island. As we hit the island I see a whole Heep of big snapper just hanging around the warf. Our first activity was building and I was our constructionist in our class. We were building pests traps and learning how to trap and track them. Our second activity was planting. We were walking up the hills scanning the orange and blue triangles as we got to our planting destination we moved the weeds and started digging. Then we plopped out the plant out of the plastic bag and then started to plant it. As we were walking we jumped onto the boat and headed off home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment using the following guidelines;
Introduce yourself
Start by saying something positive about my blog post
Be thoughtful - A sentence to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say
Be helpful - Ask a question to extend our understanding (your’s and mine) or share some ideas that I can work on in my next post